August 29, 2011

Meditation Monday

Raja ("royal union") Yoga Meditation

The act of Raja Yoga meditation for at least 15 minutes in the early morning will have a positive effect during the entire day.

Upon waking, have the thought; I am a peaceful soul, my aim today is to radiate peace to every person that I come in contact with

I am a peaceful soul .............
I am a peaceful soul ............
My mind is filled with peace ..............
I radiate peace to the world ...............
I feel the gentle waves of peace flowing across my mind ...........
As these peaceful thoughts emerge in my mind I feel the stillness and silence envelopes my mind .................
I am the peaceful soul ......
I am a peaceful loving soul ............
My mind feels light and free from worries ...........
I realize my real nature is peace ..........
Peaceful thoughts flow through the mind and I feel the self becoming light ......................
I am a being of light shining like a star .......................
I radiate peace and light to the world ......................
The light and peace envelopes me and the waves of peace and light shine like a lighthouse.............................................
This is the wonderful journey of self discovery


Raja Yoga Meditation Philosophy

The basis for attaining an experience in raja yoga meditation in to understand the self and the mind. The human mind is the most creative, powerful and wonderful "instrument" we possess. Using this energy called mind we have been able to search the deepest oceans, send humans to the moon and scan the molecular fabric of the building blocks of nature. But have we found our true self? We have become the most educated and civilized society in our history, but are we civil towards each other?

According to raja yoga Meditation The soul has three main faculties; the mind or consciousness, the intellect and the subconscious.
Thoughts flow from the sub conscious mind to the conscious mind. Feelings and emotions form in accordance with the montage of thoughts flowing in the mind. Therefore our state of mind at any given moment is determined by the thoughts in our consciousness, and also with the feelings that we associate with those thoughts. Since our sub consciousness contains all our previous thoughts and experiences, it is necessary to selectively control the flow of thoughts that emerges from the sub conscious mind.

The intellect is the controller which is used to discriminate so that only positive and benevolent thoughts flow into our mind. With meditation or deep contemplation, the individual is able to strengthen and sharpen the intellect. The end result is a constant state of well being. If we are able to understand the self as the source of energy that creates our feelings, then the following will become our aims.

Become aware of our state of mind and of the thoughts that flows into the mind from our subconscious.
Strengthen the intellect so that the individual can discriminate and thereby only allow positive and peaceful thoughts to flow into the mind.
Through this process of self development the individual develops more control over the mind.

No comments: