August 25, 2011

Consciousness Cleanse

I have reached the final day of my 21 Day Consciousness Cleanse! Wooo..although I did break the NO computer and phone rule after 10 days. It's hard disconnecting from the world when your work involves being on a computer all day. I did forget that Facebook even existed though until my little sister spoke about a post on Facebook, around my day 7.
For those of you who haven't been keeping up with me through the process, the consciousness cleanse was from a book called 21 Day Consciousness Cleanse  by Debbie Ford.
The 21-Day Consciousness Cleanse: A Breakthrough Program for Connecting with Your Soul's Deepest Purpose [Book]

I chose to do this cleanse because at times I do find it difficult to remain present because of situations that have happened in the past. Even though I'm conscious of what I'm doing and I'm quick to turn it around, I felt I needed some more discipline. This cleanse is about building a profound and intimate relationship with your soul and to help you let go of all the false beliefs and assumptions that no longer serve you. We as individuals tend to assume a lot and tell ourselves lies, which in turn makes us unhappy. Nobody else can make us unhappy but ourselves. In order to help us understand that, this book breaks down into three sections - Past, Present and Future. It allows us to go back into our past and get rid of all the negative energy that we've been only covering up. The present focuses on what do we want right here, right now and the future allows us to look ahead and plan for how we would like to see our life evolve.

It's a beautiful spiritual reading with daily journaling and questions to answer. For me, the first section, the past, was an emotional rollercoaster. I cried, I screamed, I hated myself, I hated others, I thought my boyfriend was unsupportive, I thought about quiting my job, it was a rough week! But it did exactly what it was meant to do, as you're going back into your past, revisitng these situations, you're focusing all your energy on it to allow yourself to release it and let it go while your ego is still trying to hang on and keep those past memories inside you.

I recommend this reading to everyone who is ready and willing to change their lives around to become more peaceful and forgiving to themselves (first and foremost) and to others.
I have a vast library on spiritual readings, if anyone is looking for help on anything in particular please get in contact with me and I would love to share my knowledge and suggestions with you.


ACCEPT YOUR LIFE AS IT IS TODAY. ACCEPT ALL THE THINGS YOU CANNOT CHANGE. REMEMBER, THERE IS A NEW DAY COMING TOMORROW. BREATHE....

love & light
be blessed

No comments: